Admin page header not showing links?

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM
I have installed MVC Forum using my own membership provider. I added an e-mail for one of my site's accounts in the MVC install. When I go to the ForumAdmin page it shows the Solution Statistics page but there are no links across the top of the page for the other admin pages. Typing out the url in the browser pulls up the pages though. Any ideas?

This testing is being done using my development machine VS 2013 and SQL Express. Eventually I need to move to the production site on Azure but I am currently using a newer version of Azure storage from Nuget. Would you recommend pulling the source code and making the changes for that piece?

Also FYI on VS 2013 running your sample site it makes the TopicExtensions.cs file not exist (it is all comments.

MVC Forum looks a good fot for me with it's Azure support, thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2013 at 6:03 AM
Thank you for the feedback!

I'm not really sure about the missing top navigation links, I've never seen that issue before. Does the areas/forumadmin/views/shared/topnavigation.cshtml file contain any code? Or is it empty/missing?

Are you working on the source directly from the codeplex site? Or using the NuGet packages? Which version? I've been working on updating the MVCForum.Azure package, and have everything ready, I just wanted to test it better before releasing it. I hope I'll get that done during the xmas holidays, so if you can wait for that, I would recommend that.

You could also get the source and compile it, that should give you a working Azure assembly, using the more recent v2+ Azure assemblies.
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2013 at 7:42 AM
By the way... are you Danish? Du er den John W ?
Dec 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Yes areas/forumadmin/views/shared/topnavigation.cshtml file looks OK:
<div class="navbar navbar-fixed-top"> <div class="navbar-inner"> <div class="container"> <button type="button" class="btn btn-navbar" data-toggle="collapse" data-target=".nav-collapse"> <span class="icon-bar"></span> <span class="icon-bar"></span> <span class="icon-bar"></span> </button> <a class="brand">MVC Forum Admin</a> <div class="nav-collapse collapse"> <ul class="nav"> @foreach (var page in Html.Navigation(Url, "AdminTopNavigation")) { <li @if (page.Selected) {<text> class="active"</text>}>@Html.Link(page.Title, page.URL, page.AdditionalData)</li> } </ul> </div> </div> </div> </div> Over the weekend (my work on this web site is volunteer for a non profit organization) I will dig into it some more - it is not critical as I can navigate to the admin pieces in other ways.

I installed 1.2 from Nuget. Thanks for the update on Azure support - makes sense for me to wait for the official release. No I am not Danish - English Canadian. In my youth (many years ago) I studied and admired a sailboat racer from Denmark - Paul Elvstrom who won many Olympic medals in the 1950's and early 1960's - certainly one of the best sailboat racers ever in my opinion.

Thanks for the support.
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Well, thank you for the feedback!

I'll have a look around and see what could cause the problems with the navigation. There's nothing in the html ?? You're not getting the "iPhone" navigation button ?!

Ah, yes, I know of that sailor.

Well, your handle, could mean "You're it, John W" in Danish, so I had to ask!