moderation

Nov 23, 2011 at 7:06 PM

How would moderation work?

O would like that moderator will be able to mark any post with admin remark. For example if user violate one forum ruller moderator will be able to add n fine balls to user profile.

But if user do not have new fine balls for n time all fine balls should be clean up automatically.

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2011 at 7:14 PM
Edited Nov 24, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Initially (version 0.7 coming in a few days/weeks), you can put a topic/post in quarantine as moderator. This will make the topic/post invisible for the average user. Normal users can report a post, but it takes a moderator to put it in quarantine or delete it.

I've not put a score system in yet, but hopefully I'll get around to that before releasing version 1.0 sometime next year.

I've read your post about moderation, and will try to do a write-up with some use cases, so you can give me some feed-back on it.

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:58 PM

ok! Big thanks!

Forum need to have post-rate system, because it's hard to moderate high loaded forums, where a lot of people talk on different holly-wars theme. But any simple, or even not simple rate-system not work very good because one side will rate only users from it's side. For example Linux users will good rate only whom who who talk that Linux is good.

I have often seen that if one user put good rate to other post other people under one's own momentum rate good this post too. So I think it will be good if pluses under post appear not right away, but in 1-2hours later.

Back to moderation. When moderator mark post as post that violate forum rules he should be able to mark what was wrong and what's rules  was violate. If user get a lot of forum rules violate he should automatically:

a) enter the captcha before every post

b) be blocked to answer on some forums (usually on most important forum (there is should be ability to select forums where users with violent should be blocked) )

And it's should be done automatically.

Same methods should be with post rating, because users may rate post and decided if it's good or bad. So it would be much easily to moderate. But as I sad before users rate system should be well thought out, so even forum users should not know how it's work. For example all users should be able to rate post, but only some of them should have real rate power - other should only think that they rate are give karma to user.