news portal

Dec 21, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I would like to have news module for MVC. I am planing to create Portal based on MVC Forum, but now MVC is just forum, but I need news module for it.

The news module should be pretty simple. Just short/full news (with separate tag <--more-->), comments, tags. And I would be very happy if users would be able to add news to pull for next submitting by moderator.

For example http://mesoboard.com/ have someting like this, but without tags etc.

I want to have portal future, because I would like to have integrated solution, where moderator have global rights, where work global ban system, etc.

Would it be possible to move forum on /forum and run such portal (I hope it will be done)) on main page? example:

site.com - user see news

site.com/forum - user see the MVC Forum

Coordinator
Dec 22, 2011 at 12:59 PM

I don't think I'll do a news module, but I'll put up some example code that should show how to easily use a given forum for news, and show the topics as news items on the front-page (with or without comments).

MVC Forum integrates with any membership provider and role provider you have, so you can reuse the users and their roles.